Friday, March 27, 2009

$UG!Y@...!!

Your lips are
Like a parrot's
One said

Sugiya giggled and burst out laughing
When you laugh,
You look so nice, Sugiya!
Seeing her sparkling teeth
Was like lighting in clouds
The second one said.

The third one said:
You sing very well
Just like the Koel
And what to say for your dancing.
When you dance
The whole earth gets up and dances.

The fourth one read poetry in praise of her eyes.
Your great big eyes
Are so beautiful, Sugiya.
Just like a doe's
Sit here next to me
And gaze at me.

The fifth one who was very close to her
And quiet
Secretly whispered in my ear--
Will you be my girl Sugiya?
I'll make you a golden chain.

She heard and became very sad, Sugiya
Turned silent,still
Forgot laughing singing and dancing.

From morning to evening
The whole day murderous work,Sugiya
Often thought.

Here why can every fifth man
Only speak in the language of my body,
How I wish
Someone would say
You're such a hard worker,Sugiya
And so innocent and honest.
If only someone would say that!


--A poem by Nirmala Putul

2 comments:

  1. this is really a vry touchin poem... tells da pain nd agony a woman goes through in this business... vry true...

    ReplyDelete